BENJAMIN SANCHEZ MURILLO
email@example.com | Kofu-shi, Yamanashi-ken, JAPAN
An M.S.Ed. in TESOL and a B.A. degree in Psychology foreign language teacher with 5+ years of teaching experience in EFL, JSL, and SFL to primary, secondary, and tertiary learners in Japan. Seeking to bring expertise and enthusiasm to your institution’s language program as an English Instructor.
M.S.Ed. in TESOL, 2022
Cumulative GPA: 3.83/4.0
Temple University, Japan Campus, Setagaya-ku, Tokyo
Information Technology Institute, Portland, Oregon
B.A. in Psychology, 1999
Portland State University, Portland, Oregon
Private English Teacher, Kofu-shi, Yamanashi-ken
Self-employed – (August 2022 – Present)
Conduct English language instructions to a Japanese elementary school learner via Zoom, with a focus on following and comprehending spoken and written classroom instructions in English.
- Combine audio-visual aids with vocabulary words to enhance lexical access.
- Develop and adapt gap-filling exercises to promote orthographic knowledge and vocabulary attainment.
- Implement timed repeated vocabulary reading activities to promote fluency development.
- Create instructional material involving chants and claps with reading-aloud exercises to create awareness of the English language’s rhythm, intonation, and stress.
- Compare and contrast word-by-word sentence reading to connected speech to promote listening comprehension.
- Use voice recording to create awareness of vowel epenthesis in consonant clusters.
Kumon Method Japanese Language Instructor, Kofu-shi, Yamanashi-ken
Yamanashi Gakuin University (YGU) College Sports Center – (April 2022 – Present)
YGU provides Japanese as a Second Language learning opportunities to their international student-athletes using the Kumon Method as the method of instruction. The method uses individualized learning worksheet activities that focus on developing language skills incrementally to achieve mastery through repeated practice.
- Administer and grade diagnostic tests to determine learners’ study worksheet proficiency level.
- Arrange learners’ study plan projections.
- Grade study worksheets and return to learners for corrections and re-submission until learners achieve a score of 100%.
- Provide implicit and explicit corrective feedback when necessary.
- Analyze learners’ progress and optimize study plan to correspond with learners’ language proficiency level.
Private Spanish Teacher, Kofu-shi, Yamanashi-ken
Self-employed – (January 2021 – May 2022)
Conducted Spanish language instructions via Zoom to a Japanese elementary school student to familiarize the learner with listening, reading, speaking, and writing using customized language learning worksheets, and a write-in activity workbook.
- Recorded reading aloud samples to identify and improve consonant cluster errors.
- Highlighted the proper readings of Spanish diacritics to place appropriate syllable stress.
- Taught to produce the voiced apico-alveolar trill of Spanish.
- Assigned exercises to conjugate regular verbs in present tense using lexemes and verbal inflection pattern recognition.
- Implemented gap-fill exercises at the end of each lesson to promote vocabulary practice.
English Teacher, Fuefuki-shi, Yamanashi-ken
Kumon – (November 2018 – June 2022)
An independent learning method for teaching English as a Foreign Language and other academic subjects (Japanese as a Foreign Language, Japanese as a Native Language, and mathematics). Focused on improving students’ grammar, listening, writing, and speaking skills for five-year-old and above students.
- Administered and graded diagnostic tests to determine learners’ study worksheet proficiency level.
- Arranged learners’ study plan projections.
- Graded study worksheets and returned them to learners for corrections and re-submission.
- Provided implicit and explicit corrective feedback when necessary.
- Analyzed learners’ progress and optimized study plan to correspond with learners’ language proficiency level.
Penetration Tester, Fuefuki-shi, Yamanashi-ken
Self-employed – (January 2016 – September 2020)
Targeted different Bug Bounty programs to report software bugs, security exploits, and vulnerabilities to program participating organizations.
- Researched Common Vulnerabilities and Exposure databases to identify exploitable vulnerabilities in scanned devices.
- Used Network Mapper (nmap) to scan hosts, identify open ports, identify operating systems, and identify associated services.
Private Spanish Teacher, Kakinoki-mura, Shimane-ken
Self-employed – (June 2016 – August 2016)
Taught in-person Spanish lessons to a junior high school student before a study abroad program focused on conversation practice, adapting sourced teaching materials to adjust to the learner’s language proficiency.
- Focused conversations on greetings, introductions, nationality, age, and farewells.
- Incorporated classroom lexical sets during conversation practices.
- Provided corrective feedback after a conversation session.
- Discussed article, noun, adjective, and number gender agreements.
- Practiced lexeme and verbal inflection pattern recognition in regular verb conjugations.
- Discussed digraph (ch, ll, & rr) pronunciations.
- Assigned reading aloud practice to practice stress, rhythm, and intonation.
Co-founder & President, Hillsboro, Oregon
UPM Telecom, Inc. – (July 2007 – January 2016)
Co-founded a wireless telecommunications company that provided B2B (business to business) international wholesale voice termination services to other wireless carriers using VoIP (Voice Over Internet Protocol).
- Created, reviewed, and negotiated Service-Level Agreements (SLA).
- Collaborated with the creation of company policies and procedures.
- Provided security awareness and software training remotely and face-to-face.
Inside Sales, Wilsonville, Oregon
Apcon, Inc. – (July 2005 – July 2007)
An intelligent network-monitoring manufacturer and security solution provider in the Financial, Banking, Telecommunications, Energy, and Government industries.
- Generated leads, coordinated product web demonstrations, and presented solutions at customer locations.
- Exceeded 300 cold and follow-up calls weekly, creating solution awareness internationally and domestically.
Quality Assurance Tester (Spanish), Portland, Oregon
Alche Tech – (June 2005 – July 2005)
A Translation and Localization services company that provided translation and communication services for businesses.
- Provided linguistic, cosmetic, and functional testing to ensure product’s market entry readiness.
- Verified terminology consistency and identified missing content.
Sales, Portland, Oregon
Ontus Equipment Corporation – (July 2002 – June 2004)
A telecommunications equipment company that specialized in buying computing and network equipment assets from distressed and failed companies at a discount. Procured, negotiated, purchased, and sold large volumes of computer and networking equipment.
- Procured computer and network equipment in B2B (business to business) wholesale trading networks and negotiated pricing points.
- Created a shopping cart website using third-party software tools to promote purchased computing and network equipment.
Computer Skills Instructor, Cornelius, Oregon
Centro Cultural of Washington County – (January 2002 – July 2002)
A community center that helps migrant families integrate their lives in the United States. Taught basic computer skills in Spanish to an adult audience who lacked prior computing background.
- Trained adults on basic computer and software applications (Word and Excel) usage.
- Provided students with computer technical support.
Quality Assurance Engineer, Portland, Oregon
Global Software Solutions Incorporated – (December 2001 – July 2002)
Language Service Provider that translates technical manuals, software, and e-Learning applications and provides quality assurance and testing for companies such as Fujitsu, Dell, and NetApp.
- Identified and reported internationalization defects and Spanish terminology errors in a standardized format for GSSI to meet international compliance standards.
- Verified translated software and technical documentation for appropriate use of Spanish.
Account Analyst, Beaverton, Oregon
Integra Telecom – (December 2000 – December 2002)
Provider of fiber-based, carrier-grade networking, communications, and technology solutions.
- Analyzed and corrected customer accounts for billing errors during their billing software migration phase.
- Reported the results to the CIO (Chief Information Officer) and the software developers.
Raising English Suprasegmental Awareness on an Adult L2 Learner through Reading Aloud Sessions.
Teaching Gerunds and Infinitives Using the Bolinger Principle with Socratic Questioning.
CompTIA Security+ Certification
Corda Certified Developer